We are pleased to inform you that the 1st HU SPRING Matchmaking Event for Cross-disciplinary Research will be held as shown below. This event aims to enhance cross-disciplinary exchange and to create research collaborations for doctoral students. We would appreciate if you could encourage your doctoral students to participate in this event.
We believe the graduate students would benefit from interacting with experienced researchers, so your participation would also be highly appreciated. To participate, please register as a “Match Seeker.”
Thank you for your cooperation.
To enhance cross-disciplinary exchange for doctoral students!
To create research collaborations that include researchers from various disciplines with complementary strengths!
Dates & Open hours
- Tue. September 20, 2022, 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Wed. September 21, 2022, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
HALL (3rd Floor) of Hiroshima Convention Hall
- You can participate in the event as either a Presenter or a Match Seeker.
*Only HU graduate students are eligible to participate in this event as Presenters, but Match Seekers can be anyone, including those from outside HU.
- Presenters (doctoral students) will create a research profile that consists of answers to three questions and an image that conveys their research interests. The three questions will be about the Presenters’ research interests, ideas for future collaboration, and their technical expertise. The profile information should be submitted to the networking website by 5 pm on September 14.
*Please create ONLY ONE research profile per person. If you have made more than one, please set only one research profile to public and set the other ones to private. We will print and post one public research profile per person for the in-person networking event.
* Please try to make your research profile easy to understand for those who are not familiar with your academic field.
* Please confirm with your supervisor whether or not you are allowed to share your research at this event.
* Uploadable image file extensions are jpg / jpeg / gif / png / bmp, and the file size is limited to 3MB.
- The research profile provided by the Presenters will be posted in the HALL (3rd floor) of Hiroshima Convention Hall from the 20th to the 21st September for the in-person networking event.
- Please visit the venue as Match Seekers during the in-person networking event open hours. Match Seekers will “connect” with Presenters by commenting on Presenters’ profiles using a sticky note. Anyone including doctoral students can participate in the event as a Match Seeker. All participants are encouraged to interact at the in-person event.
*It is not necessary to stay at the venue for all of the open hours. You may visit the venue at your convenience.
- After the event, all comments from the Match Seekers will be imported to the networking website. Presenters and Match Seekers can continue to interact online through the website.
Please register yourself as a Presenter/Match Seeker at the networking website (https://huspring.jp/)
*If you do not receive the registration confirmation e-mail, please check your spam folder.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Research Strategy and Promotion Division, Hiroshima University
*Please replace * with @.